19 February 2011

Indian Ocean

I realized that the past three times I’ve been to the beach have been three different oceans in three different countries: the Atlantic in the U.S., the Pacific in Costa Rica, and now the Indian in Durban, South Africa. They’re all awesome, but it’s really nice when the water is warm. The waves were huge at the beach.
I had an awesome time jumping in the waves and getting pushed towards shore by their force. I love feeling the power of the water being sucked away from land and the sand being pulled out from under my feet, and then jumping and being carried several feet up with the wave.
The building on the right with the arch is one of the soccer stadiums built for the World Cup.


I found these cool animals (maybe if I had been paying attention in the boring part of AP biology, I would have some idea of what group they belong to, but the best I can do is “snail-ish”).
 They use the foot thing to burrow into the sand to prevent being washed away by the waves.

1 comment: